AIMVT Executive Board Consensus Statement on Exam Postponement
- Candidates must request in writing (electronic or paper) to the Chair of the Examination Committee their desire to postpone examination.
- Requests must be received no later than 30 days prior to examination date.
- Examination may be postponed once, for one year, at the request of the candidate.
- Candidates must pay their examination fee upfront.
- If postponement is granted, the fee will apply to the next year’s examination or a refund may be granted if requested. The candidate is responsible for any price increases the following year.
- Emergency situations may occur that prevent a candidate from sitting for the examination. Any situation that occurs within 30 days of the date of examination is considered an emergency postponement.
- All of the steps for postponement outlined above must be followed with the following exceptions:
- Requests must be sent directly via email to the Executive Director
- Requests may be received up to and including the day of examination
- The examination fee paid will be applied to the next year’s examination minus a $25 fee for lost materials. The candidate is responsible for any price increases the following year.
- Airline disruptions
- Acute illness