This information is for applicants applying in 2022 (March and September) for the 2023 certifying exam.
ERRATA and UPDATES
- Please note: as of 10/15/2021 the Credentialing Committee has added the Approved Abbreviation "T1, T2, T3 ... etc." as an accepted abbreviation for neuroanatomic localization of lesions to the thoracic vertebral segments.
- Please note: as of 12/13/2021 the Credentialing Committee has added the following requirements for reporting of laboratory values: "When lab work is performed, the applicant must identify the parameters measured; it is not acceptable to write that a clinician ordered a “Chem 8” or “bloods” or “a NOVA”, for example. It is not necessary to report every serum chemistry, CBC, or other laboratory value measured – this is a judgment call for the applicant to make, based on the patient, their clinical signs, and the disease process that is the subject of the Log or Report. However, every value that the applicant chooses to include in the Log or Report must include the reference range. When values are abnormal or outside of the reference range provided, the applicant must explain the abnormality and how it correlates to the patient’s clinical signs or diagnosis."
- Please note: as of 12/23/2021 the Credentialing Committee has added the Approved Abbreviations IU, mmol, and u. These abbreviations (along with those approved on 10/15/2021) are included in the Approved Abbreviation list in the Part 2 application instruction packet (above).
NEW!! Two-part application process
The AIMVT Executive Board, in consultation with the Credentialing Committee, has implemented a two-part application process. This will apply to all applications in 2022 and beyond:
- Part 1: Due no later than March 15, 2022:
- Professional history
- Proof of licensure covering all hours of professional history submitted
- Continuing education documentation
- A small sampling of four (4) Case Log entries
- The Part 1 application fee ($25)
- Part 2: Due no later than September 30, 2022:
- A minimum of 50 Case Logs, covering patients seen between October 1, 2021 and September 30, 2022
- Three (3) examination questions
- Four (4) in-depth Case Reports
- The Part 2 application fee ($50)
- Letters of recommendation due no later than September 1, 2022 (link to form is below).
Links to forms:
These lists are provided as a quick reference for the advanced skills. These are NOT the forms you will use to submit your advanced skills for consideration by the Credentialing Committee. Links to the submission forms are found in the Application Instructions.
|2022 AIMVT Small Animal IM advanced skills reference list|
|File Size:||148 kb|
If you would like to attach AIMVT's laboratory value reporting sheet as an appendix to your Case Reports, you may do so (it is not required). Click the button to download the form: